A Quick Apology.
Sorry I’ve been sporadic with my posts, my mind’s been a bit preoccupied lately. (No, not with Arashi. I mean it.)
My next post is probably going to be a killer, as in a wall of meaningless text killer, but in the meanwhile, I’ve been playing with color-coding lyrics and a bit of horrible translation – as you can probably see in the sidebar.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from that – I hate harmonies. They are ridiculous to identify, hard to memorize (I learned the harmony to SAKURA Sake while color-coding its lyrics, but every time I try to sing it to the music, I end up going along with the main vocal melody), and kill my vocal range worse than the song already does.
But a song sounds a lot less complete without them. Fie on necessary evils.
Also – I hate identifying female Asian singing voices in idol groups. With the exception of a few pitches and tones, they all sound the same; as I discovered while trying to distinguish voices in a BeForU song. It’s a wonder I even managed to distinguish between Chiaki and Misako’s harmonies in Saigo no KOTOBA – actually, I’m not completely sure I did that, either.
So any non-solo discographies of H!P are heading far away from my to-listen list at the moment. Sorry to that particular one of you who was looking forward to sucking me into Morning Musume. Bonkyu isn’t popping up in my iTunes anytime soon, you consumerist arse.
Tomorrow I shall be off for a day of not-so-Christmas caroling. I look forward to using any change thrown at me (this is NYC, after all) to buy more things at Book-off and Kinokuniya (with its 50%-off sale!). Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good ni- ah, bah humbug.
- RT @JasonKander: Good news, fellow taxpayers! A whole bunch of the money taken from our paychecks will be used on the President's feelings!… 19 hours ago
- @kuukimitai Basically I've found no enjoyable Japanese podcasts except for seiyuu ones, which aren't too different… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- @kuukimitai You'll learn useless phrases, but it's definitely good for getting used to spoken Japanese and far more fun than podcasts. 1 day ago
- @kuukimitai Basically you're gonna get cliched JP high school life in spades, and GS3 is also the one where you can… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- @kuukimitai TMGS isn't visual novel so much as straightforward stat-raising dating sim, so it was my addictive Japa… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago